When buying a ceiling fan, one crucial consideration is the lighting style. While there are many lighting options, there are many reasons why Edison bulbs stand out. Recently coming back into fashion, they are stylish and their warm color temperature is calming.
In this post, we have handpicked some of the best ceiling fans with Edison bulbs that you’ll love. They come in a wide range of styles, sizes and prices so have a read and let us help you find the perfect fan for you.
We ensured we have something for everyone. Whether you are looking for one that has a reversible motor, retractable blades, multiple speed settings, and different finishes, we’ve got you covered.
We’re an affiliate: We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
Table Of Contents
- 1 Our Top 6 Ceiling Fans With Edison Bulbs
- 2 Honeywell 50614-01 Carnegie LED Ceiling Fan 52″
- 3 Prominence Home 40278-01 Glenmont Rustic Ceiling Fan
- 4 Reiga 44-Inch Retractable Blade Vintage Caged Ceiling Fan
- 5 Westinghouse Lighting 7220500 Barnett Indoor Ceiling Fan
- 6 Hunter Bennett 54187 Indoor Ceiling Fan
- 7 Honeywell 50610-01 Bonterra Ceiling Fan
- 8 Our favourite black ceiling fan with Edison lights
- 9 Looking for an outdoor ceiling fan with Edison lights?
- 10 What to consider when buying a ceiling fan with Edison bulbs?
- 11 Conclusion
Our Top 6 Ceiling Fans With Edison Bulbs
Take a look at the table below for a quick overview, or click here to jump straight down to the reviews.
But first, why is your ceiling fan a big deal?
In most cases, your ceiling fan plays a crucial role in defining your place. It can either improve or negate the interior décor of your house. Similarly, a modest fan will stylishly fit into your room, save energy, and keep you cool for an extended period.
Sure, you may dash to your nearest hardware across the street and stress over which ceiling fan fits your bill. Or you can check out reviews on the recommended brands.
This modern industrial style ceiling fan flaunts a 52″ 5 blade system with a large footprint that can allow effective airflow on a vast working area. What impresses us the most is its steel body and rustic finish that not only makes it durable but also appealing to the eyes. As such, you can confidently consider it as a long-lasting and worthwhile investment.
Furthermore, its reversible motor is a welcome feature as it can work all year round regardless of the seasons. What makes it outstanding is its Smart Sync capabilities that can allow easy control. Besides, you can choose what works for you between its three-motor speed settings (low, medium, or high speeds) depending on your surroundings and preference.
- 3 E26 / B10 LED Edison-style light bulbs
- Dual mounting; downrod and angled
- Chestnut blades
- A 360 degrees beam angle
- Reversible motor
Pros & Cons:
- Quiet when operating
- Remote controlled
- Dynamic hanging abilities – This fan can be mounted with a downrod (standard), angled-mount (sloped) and flush-mount (4” downrod included with purchase).
- Has an open and downward-facing light cover that prevents bugs from building up
- Installation can be a bit tricky – if in doubt, get a professional in to fit it for you.
This beautifully designed fixture is among the ceiling fans with Edison light bulbs that are suitable for areas measuring 350 square feet. Such include your dining room, bedroom, family room, or living room. Additionally, it comes along with a seeded glass light fixture that can effectively light up your space.
If elegance is your cup of tea, then this fixture might suffice as it incorporates barnwood blades with an oil-rubbed bronze finish making it appealing to look at.
Furthermore, its 52″ inch blades are powerful enough to push air around according to your needs; a low breeze on the low setting, gentle breeze on the medium setting, and an excellent breeze on the high environment.
We were impressed at how this fan can save energy both during winter thanks to it reversible motor.
On the downside, some users find installation instructions are a bit vague, which can complicate the process. Otherwise, it is an efficient, stylish, and robust ceiling fan.
- 3 mounting options; close, downrod and angled
- Available in 3 colours: Oil Rubbed Bronze, Distressed White & Antique Pewter
- 3 B10 Edison Vintage Bulbs
- Reversible motor
- For medium-sized rooms
Pros & Cons
- Quiet when working
- Aesthetically appealing
- Three-speed levels
- A reversible motor that makes it useful for all types of weather conditions
- Cute Edison style bulbs
- Lights well
- No remote included
This 44-inch Reiga retractable blade ceiling fan brings new levels to the ceiling fan sector. The system boasts of a unique design with four retractable blades that can perfectly integrate with your home fashion, thus oozing a stylish and comfortable environment.
The blades can slide in or come out automatically when turned off and on respectively, bringing out dynamism. For instance, you can set it as a chandelier, or transform it into a traditional fan at the touch of a button.
As if that’s not enough, the fan has a high-quality silicon and rust-proof steel sheet body that makes it durable. As such, you can be sure of staying around with it for a long time, which makes it a worthwhile investment.
- Retractable Blades
- Comes with 5 70W LED Bulbs
- 1/2/4/8 hrs. timer options for automatic shut down
- Remote controlled system
Pros & Cons
- Noiseless robust performance
- Vintage caged design for aesthetics
- Easy installation
- Balanced runs that prevent vibration even when on high speed
- Produces a bright light that can lighten up dark areas
- Excellent design and clear acrylic blades
- Has a governing speed that allows proper control
- The blades aren’t reversible
What sets it apart from the rest is its four-speed control function that allows maximum flexibility regarding the amount of breeze you want. Besides, its reversible blades will enable you to save on power during the summer and winter periods.
Not to forget, it comes along with lifetime motor warranty and a two-year warranty for the other parts. Hence, you can call customer care for free services and parts if you run into trouble within this period
However, some people complain that installation isn’t that easy as it comes along with lots of components that need to be clipped together at a go. Therefore, it requires a careful study of the illustrative installation pictures before starting the process.
- 48″ barn wood blades
- Dimmable led light kit
- Remote control system
- Reversible blades
- Four-speed control function
- Off and On dimmer for light functioning
Pros & Cons
- Its high-quality motor ensures powerful air movements
- Quiet operation and dimmable lights
- Can be utilized during summer and winter
- Lifetime warranty for the motor
- Reversible motor
- Down rod installation only
This elegant whisper wind enabled ceiling fan with a 13-degree blade pitch delivers powerful air movements that can keep your room extra fresh. While it’s quiet performance is ideal when you need a relaxing environment.
Furthermore, its three-position mounting system allows you to choose how you want it installed. For instance, you can place it on the standard position or have it hanging low or positioned at a particular angle. You can also change the direction of the fan thanks to the reversible motor, which makes it all-weather.
One of its downsides according to several customers, is that it produces a loud beep when using the remote control, but in our opinion, that’s not something to worry about too much.
- 52″ blade span in walnut
- 3 position mounting system
- Reversible motor blades
- 13-degree blade pitch
- 1x 5W LED bulb included
Pros & Cons
- Reversible motor
- 3-speed motor
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Superb design
- A tinted glass that reduces the light intensity
- Isolated complaints of a loud beep when using the remote system
Not only that, but it also produces a welcoming soft yellow light that brightens and dims elegantly, which can spruce up your house.
The remote control system that comes along with the fan makes it easy to control. Besides, the hanging measurements incorporated in its design allows you to install the fixture at whatever angle you want.
Likewise, its reverse airflow capabilities will enable you to change the fan direction if need be quick.
- 3 E26/B10 Edison bulbs
- 3 mounting options
- Remote control system
- Three-speed powerful motor
- Reverse airflow feature
Pros & Cons:
- 3-speed reversible motor
- The bubbles incorporated in the glass makes it beautiful
- Its remote control feature makes it easy to use
- Reversible blades
- Some people found it slightly tricky to install. If you’re not confident doing it yourself, we recommend getting someone in to help you out.
Our favourite black ceiling fan with Edison lights
It’s surprisingly difficult to find yourself a black ceiling fan with Edison lights, there’s not many on the market, so we’ve done our research picked our top 3.
- MODERN CEILING FAN: The contemporary Hardwick comes with matte black reversible blades that will keep home interior current and inspired; Measures 44...
- MULTI-SPEED REVERSIBLE FAN MOTOR: Whisper Wind motor and exclusive SureSpeed deliver ultra-powerful airflow for high-speed cooling with quiet...
- LED LIGHT KIT: Energy-efficient dimmable Edison LED light bulbs let you control the lighting and ambiance of the living space; The long lasting bulbs...
- PREMIUM HANDHELD REMOTE: Adjust the brightness of light and speed of the matte black ceiling fan with ease from anywhere in the room; Audible beep...
- ROOM PLACEMENT: Indoor fan is height adjustable, via the included 3" and 2" downrods, to ensure proper distance from the ceiling and optimize air...
- INDUSTRIAL MODERN - The Prominence Home Octavia provides the ultimate fusion of style to elevate and illuminate your indoor spaces. Having a blade...
- EDISON BULBS: This beautiful lantern-style light has the power to light up room but also dimmable to adjust to your moods! Ample, fully-integrated LED...
- REMOTE CONTROL INCLUDED: Controlling your fan has never been easier! The 3 speed settings of your fan as well as the light output all from the...
- DUAL MOUNT COMPATIBLE: This fan can be hung by the standard downrod mount, 4” downrod included, or on angled ceilings (angle bracket for angles...
- DUAL-FINISH REVERSIBLE BLADES: The style is up to you! This ceiling fan comes with a different finish on each side of the blades. One side comes in a...
- CHANDELIER CEILING FAN: Our ceiling fans are not just a way to create airflow around a room and lend a little light. They help solidify the look of...
- REVERSIBLE SILENT MOTOR & WOOD BLADES: Outstanding practicality! The motor supports forward and reverses rotation. In hot weather, the fan can be set...
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL REMOTE CONTROL: Control your ceiling fan quickly and easily! 3-speed adjustment (low/medium/high). 4 timing options (1/2/4/8H) sleep...
- DIMENSIONS: Overall product size: 42"L x 42"W x 22"H. Cage Chandelier: 12.6"L x 12.6"W x 7.9"H.The ceiling fan comes with 2 downrods(5" & 10") for...
- SAFE RATING & WARRANTY: UL Listed for core parts. 1 years warranty. Lifetime warranty for the motor. Customers' quality buying experience is exactly...
Looking for an outdoor ceiling fan with Edison lights?
Even more difficult to find than a black Edison bulb ceiling fan is an outdoor Edison bulb ceiling fan, but there are a few about, but this one is by far our favorite – the Honeywell Glencrest 52” Indoor & Outdoor ceiling fan with LED Edison Bulbs.
It comes in a lovely oil brushed bronze finish that would be perfect for anywhere in the house and even more perfect for the covered patio or porch thanks to it’s ETL damp rating. Not only that, it’s a really reasonable price from a highly rated brand.
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR: Elevate your favorite space with a brand new multi-placement ceiling fan! The Honeywell Glencrest boasts a warm oil rubbed bronze...
- VINTAGE DESIGN: Who says you can’t bring your contemporary style outdoors? Not us! Extend your elements by installing a trend-setting ceiling fan....
- ETL DAMP RATED: This ceiling fan is damp rated, enabling it to be hung both indoors as well as covered outdoor spaces such as patios, pergolas,...
- CLEAR SEEDED LED GLASS: Power to light up an outdoor space but also dimmable! Ample, fully-integrated LED light fixture with 3 E26/B10 bulbs (included...
- CONVENIENTLY QUIET: Reversible, 3 speed - powerful motor. The reverse air flow feature allows you to quickly change the direction of the fan, for a...
What to consider when buying a ceiling fan with Edison bulbs?
Now that we’ve reviewed our top ceiling fans with Edison light bulbs let’s now take a look at some of the questions you want to ask before purchasing a ceiling fan.
What features to look for in a ceiling fan?
The first feature to look out for when intending to purchase a ceiling fan with Edison bulbs is its blade size in comparison with the area to be covered.
In general, a forty-inch blade requires a room measuring a hundred square feet or less. A fifty-inch blade can serve well in a room measuring between one hundred and one fifty square feet, while fifty-two to the sixty-inch blade to serve anywhere between one hundred and fifty to three hundred square feet. Lastly, a seventy-four-inch blade can serve up to three hundred square feet and above.
Secondly, you need to look at the design of the ceiling fan, which plays a crucial when determining what fits the needs of your room. Thirdly, you need to consider the type of motor; for instance, is it a three-speed or four-speed? Is it reversible?
Often, fan settings are usually implemented by manufacturers who dictate how the system should behave when given specific instructions. Thus it’s essential to take a good look at the fan’s particular guidelines before making a purchase.
Nevertheless, if you don’t have access to the required information, the thing is that your fan needs to rotate in a clockwise direction during winter and in an anticlockwise direction during summer. Moreover, you can physically test your potential system just to make sure that all the turns are enabled.
What is an Edison bulb?
An Edison bulb is a replicate bulb that resembles the original bulbs introduced by Thomas Edison. It is an incandescent bulb with filaments and lens that are formed like the original Edison bulbs.
With that, we conclude our reviews on the top 6 Ceiling fans with Edison bulbs. Therefore, before making that purchase, we hopefully trust that you will find the provided details informative.
More importantly, consider the key features for each fan, their pros and cons, as well as the size of your room to strike a perfect balance.