While fireplaces take center stage as the showpiece of any room, firewood racks and log holders are equally important in maintaining the rooms overall aesthetics and decoration.
Many overlook the importance of choosing the right firewood rack or log storage holder, whether for exterior or interior use. An outdoor firewood rack can help in easy storage and protection of the logs, whereas the right firewood rack for indoors can provide a neat way for stocking up logs.So, to help you make the right decision, we’ve compiled a comprehensive list of the best decorative log storage racks. These storage units will stow your firewood right where you need it.
Our Top 5 Decorative Firewood Racks
Keep reading below for our individual reviews.
We’re an affiliate: We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
Features to look for in when buying decorative firewood holder
When choosing the right firewood rack, it’s important to identify the following features and their accessibility to help you make the best decision:
1. Material: These racks and holders are available in various materials ranging from wood to metal and even polymers. Choosing the right material depends on the strength and longevity that it would provide.
2. Strength: Strength and durability are important to factor in your decision as they determine your investment value in the long run. The durability would be directly dependent on the materiality and the built of the rack.
3. Dimensions and Capacity: Determining the right size for your firewood rack depends on the size of the firewood, the area where you’re placing the rack, and the usage of the firewood itself.4. Looks: If you’re searching for a decorative firewood holder, this is probably near the top of the list for requirements. You need to make sure you get something that matches your interior décor wherever you are going to be placing it.
Keeping all these key features in mind, we’ve devised our list of the top 5 firewood holders that match all your needs and give you an in-depth insight for all options. Let’s dive in!
Our Decorative Log Holder Reviews
The Amagabeli Fireplace Log holder is one of the top choices for indoor and outdoor fireplaces. This sturdy rack houses a massive capacity for you to place your logs. Standing at 15.5” in height, this portable firewood holder allows you to hold up to 25 pieces of kindling at a time.
Alongside its functionality, it brings great aesthetic value for any place. With a modern rustic look and leaf-like wrought iron design, the Amagabeli Fireplace log holder handles your kindling mess with a massive storage capacity despite its compact design.
This log holder is made of durable solid steel with a powder-coated surface that allows the holder to withstand heat and water. The fully welded hinges and heavy-duty built enables the holder to withstand the harshest conditions.
Furthermore, it requires no assembly and can be folded and carried around anywhere. It’s ready to use whenever you receive it, making it a hassle-free option for your use.
- Large capacity; holds up to 25 pieces of kindling
- Compact and portable
- Fully assembled
- Powder-coated and heavy-duty wrought iron
- Can be folded and taken anywhere
- Suitable for both indoors and outdoors usage
- No need to assemble
- Heavy-duty hinges and wrought iron built providing a sturdy structure
- Relatively smaller in size for handling pieces over 18 inches
- No water-resistant covering
This Inno Stage two-tiered firewood holder is great if you require a larger storage unit. With its simple modular design, this holder provides you with two levels. Hence, you maximize your kindling inventory for all sizes.
Alongside its versatile storage capacity, this set comes with four fire pit tools included that are poker/hook, broom, shovel, and fireplace tongs. The assembly for this unit requires no screws, and you can easily slide the plates and handles into place without any extra tools. You can easily customize the placements of slots according to your own needs.
Inno Stage firewood holder stands tall at 29” with 2” raised above the ground to allow ventilation to the logs placed underneath and prevent excessive wood residue from dropping on the floor. It is equipped with two handles on either side that can act as space to hand your tools and an easy way to carry around the storage unit.
- Two-level storage
- Four fireplace tools set included
- Easy customization of slots
- Massive storage capacity
- Easy to assemble
- Customizable storage unit
- Value for money with storage and fire pit tools
- Maximized storage capabilities
- Hassle-free assembly
Another firewood holder by Inno Stage, this particular log storage unit, is perfect for storing a smaller capacity of logs and kindling. Its practical design allows ventilation for logs at 2” above the ground as well as the curved surface preventing residue from falling on your floor.
This log holder stands at 16.5” with a weight of 10lbs. making it a compact and portable choice for stacking firewood. Despite its small dimensions, the solid construction and durable wrought iron guarantees maximum durability and is expected to last years.
It’s beautifully designed with special bear silhouettes across the sides, doubling this functional storage unit as an art piece. The assembly process requires little effort and comes with an easy-to-follow manual, so the setup process is hassle-free.
- 16.5” height with a weight of 10 lbs.
- Portable and easy to assemble
- Unique elk inspired design
- Practical capacity
- Lightweight and portable
- Durable construction, made of wrought iron
- Practical design
- On the smaller size, so does not hold huge amounts of wood
- Requires assembly
The Doeworks Wheels Firewood carrier steals all the attention because of its charming design. This portable log rack stands at 11.8” with a massive breadth of 22”. Despite its small and lightweight nature, this carrier can hold an ample amount of kindling.
The show-stealer for this firewood holder is its winning design with the pattern and the decorative wheels. This elegant piece is easy to set up with a minimal assembly process that requires no excessive professional tools. It’s a great option for holding just enough kindling for night’s use.
Even though this holder is lightweight, its strength and durability are unparalleled. The Doeworks firewood rack is made of durable solid steel with a black powder-coated finish making it a long-lasting purchase.
- Unique wheel design and easy to set up
- Holds about 15-25 logs, depending on the size of the log
- Made from heavy-duty steel and powder-coated black finish
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor usage
- Effective organization
- The wheels are not functional
- Smaller capacity compared to some others, however the affordable price reflects this
Another great storage rack by Doeworks, this holder can store your firewood for the night easily and gives you a great way to organize your logs. While dimensions itself are relatively small, this firewood rack can withstand an impressive load.
The solid steel build paired with powder-coated finish makes it perfect for all purposes. Whether it’s indoors or outdoors, the solid construction of this carrier never gives in.
The assembly process is extremely easy, and the carrier has been designed to assist the process. An elliptical hole is installed at the upper end, allowing you to fix the screw at the junctions easily.
Additionally, this Doeworks firewood rack comes in a simple and classic design that never goes out of date.
- Small storage rack; 17 inches in height
- Solid and durable construction
- Classic decorative patterns
- Easy installation Passes
How to decide the best decorative firewood storage rack for you?
Settling on a good choice for your firewood storage can be hard at first. To effectively narrow down on a decision you must determine your usage and the features you require.
Firstly, decide whether your requirement for the holder is within the house or outdoors. If you are choosing something for indoors you can be more lenient in terms of durability and water resistance. Whereas, when choosing for the outdoors, durability and resistivity are top priorities for any storage unit. Then determine your kindling consumption factor in the amount you require on a daily basis so you can easily judge what capacity and size you require.
Finally, take a look at the designs and determine which would be the best match for your aesthetic. After all, the storage and organization have a great impact on the room’s appearance.
If a decorative log storage rack isn't quite to your taste, we've reviewed the top firewood buckets and baskets that you may like to take a look at.
When it comes to selecting the perfect decorative firewood storage unit for yourself, it’s important to understand the features that you require and what the storage rack offers.
Hopefully we have provided you with a useful, comprehensive list of pros and cons that all these decorative firewood storage racks offer. We hope that these details will help you in choosing the best match for your fireplace.